Friday 18 April 2014

10 Weeks to Ramadan - Salat/Prayer





I want to feel good and happy.
When I am feeling good and happy I can make other people feel the same way, and that is the basis of all teaching on the good deeds in the Holy Qur'an.
In order to feel happy and balanced we have to be in balance in our faith and be connected to Allah. Allah (swt) is the main source of love and mercy: "Say: O My slaves (humankind) who have been prodigal to their own hurt! Despair not of the mercy of Allah Who forgives all sins. Lo! He is the Forgiving, the Merciful" (Az-Zumar 39:53)
 

salat/prayer


I am sure 99% of Muslims have faced the same problem at least once in their life time. Most of those 99% have probably faced it twice or more times in their life. The majority of those, who are facing it more often in their life are keeping it for themselves: the problemacy of NOT performing Salat accordingly/on time/at all. 
I don't think that the fact that I don't allways keep up with my prayers and sometimes loose them completely in my life makes me a bad Muslim. I don't think that anyone but Allah can or should judge me. 
The majority of what is found on the internet and most of the islamic literature on the topic of not performing salat is a neverending catalog of threat and intimidation. Illogically it is assumed to have a good and enlightening effect on the person, opening up the dibelievers eyes. Looking at the citations utilized to emphasize the terrible consequences and punishments following the disobedience of not praying, it is clear that almost all of them are hadiths and reports from islamic scolars, whereas no authentic excerpts of the Qur'an are listed.
Although I respect and honour the hadiths, I know that sometimes there is no use of threatening a troubled Muslim in this highly intimate matter. It will cause more damage and irritation than salvation.
What a non-praying Muslim needs is nothing but the reassurance that the Salat will bring happiness and joy in their life. That waking up in the early morning will bring ease and success. And Allah reminds us of that every morning in the Adhan: "Hayya 'ala-s-Salah! (Hurry to the prayer!) Hayya 'ala-l-Falah! (Hurry to salvation!) Allahu Akbar! (God is great!) La Ilaha Illallah! (There is no god except the One God!) As-salatu Khayrun Minan-nawm (Prayer is better than sleep).

I found a lot of help through great websites and you may enter them through the topics listed below!
How to Pray five times a day: read here!
Fight the madness of life with the calmness of Salat (Animation): watch here!
6 Steps to achieve a quality Salat: read here!
How to stop making excuses for missing Salat: read here!
How do we get closer to Allah/ Relashionship with the Divine: read more!

Salams and keep up with your prayers and please make du'a that I will keep up with mine too!
Jazakallah khair :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like these stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...