Tuesday 2 July 2013

I have a home.


Today is a special day. It is the day I realized I finally have a home. In Helsinki.

Helsinki is the capital of Finland with alltogether 1.3 million people living in its area. It is the world's northernmost metro area of over one million people, and the city is the northernmost capital of an EU member state. In 2011, the Monocle Magazine ranked Helsinki the most liveable city in the world. It was chosen to be the World Design Capital 2012. There are over 130 nationalities represented in Helsinki. And there are about 9 mosques in the urban areas, staying near the Eastern Centre, Itäkeskus, I will be living next to one. But most importantly, the Arts University is located in Helsinki and I will be studying there! I think I will fit in this city :)

The realization of the fact that I've finally got a "real home" has made me think of those of us, who do not have a home at all. And of those, who have a home but do not feel comfortable or secure at home. It is important to value and thank for everything we have, even for the most basic things - things we take for granted. This day made me happy and truly thankful.

الحمد لله ربّ العالمين
AlhamduLillahi Rabbi 'Alameen
All the praises and thanks be to Allâh, the Lord of all that exists



(Read an interesting article about muslim duties towards homeless: Homelessness-and-Muslims)



2 comments:

  1. Me too I found my home today! You're encouraging me!

    ReplyDelete

You may also like these stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...